The Adelaide Central Market is a popular destination for school aged children to learn about fresh produce, nutrition, art and culture, sustainability, entrepreneurship and money. Schools are welcome to visit the Market on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during open hours, for a self/school guided visit (all schools must complete the school visit form).
We encourage teachers to use our Teachers’ Resource kit to plan the visit and use our ‘Brain Food’ resources to suit learning outcomes. The work sheets provide suggested year levels however most can be adapted to suit other years.
Please note school visits are limited to 120 students per group
Download a copy of the Market map here.
Brain Food Educational Resources
The information, resources and materials provided in this kit will
help to make your visit to the Adelaide Central Market an enjoyable and educational experience.
The themes cover learning outcomes in the Australian Curriculum including The Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Languages, English Science, Mathematics, Health & Physical Education.
School Lunch Packages
Atlas Continental has made your school visit lunch easy with a liddle lunch package on offer for your students (available Tuesdays and Thursdays only) including a roll or an ole wood-fired pizza selections.
Choose from either 6″ roll or a 18″ pizza slice:
6″ Roll options:
- Roast chicken, cheese, lettuce and mayonnaise
- Leg ham, cheese and salad
- Mild salami, cheese and tomato
- Mild brie, ham, cranberry and baby spinach
18″ pizza slice options:
- Triple Smoked Ham; pineapple, mozzarella and tomato sauce base
- Classic Margherita; fresh fior di late and fresh basil on tomato sauce base
- So Cheezy; triple cheese with oregano and a drizzle of olive oil
- Italian (Spicy) Salami; fresh fior di late, capsicum, mozzarella
Liddle lunch package costs $10 per person or $9 per person for groups over 10 people.
The package comes with a bottle of water and a market fresh apple.
Please note bookings are essential at least 1 week prior to school visit and will require a deposit.
Please contact Marty from Atlas on 0400 202 462 for all bookings and enquires (note Atlas is closed on Wednesdays).
- CONFIRMATION - Adelaide Central Market (ACM) will contact you via phone or email within 48 hours of receiving the Booking Form. All bookings are subject to daily limits and availability. Submission of this form does not guarantee your visit.
- CANCELLATIONS - Cancellations require a minimum notice of 3 business working days.
- COMPLIANCE - The school representatives will use their best endeavours to ensure that the visit is conducted in an orderly and non-disruptive manner. Please ensure your group does not obstruct our stallholders and customers shopping. ACMA reserves the right to exclude or eject any and all persons from the premises without liability.
- SAFETY - Teachers and Guardians are responsible for the safety and behaviour of their group of students. At least 1 teacher/guardian must be present for every 6 children in the group, to ensure the safety of the students and to allow for adequate supervision. Please ensure that your group is split up accordingly around the Market as to not obstruct customers or stall holders.