Rocket, parmesan & pear salad with prosciutto gremolata
- 100 g baby rocket leaves
- 1 baby fennel, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- juice of a lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g shaved parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 80 g thinly sliced proscuitto, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon rind finely grated or zested
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make the pancetta gremolata, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the pancetta, breadcrumbs and garlic, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until crispy and golden.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool before combining with lemon rind, parsley and pepper. Set aside for later.
- To make the salad, combine the rocket, fennel, pear, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice, half the parmesan and half the gremolata together in a large bowl, tossing until well combined.
- Place salad on a serving platter and scatter over the remaining parmesan and gremolata.