Roasted Buttermilk Chicken by Mandy Hall
- 1 kg chicken, boneless thigh (skin on)
- 500ml buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 TB sea salt
- 3 TB rosemary, chopped
- 3 TB parsley, chopped
- cracked black pepper
- additional drizzle of olive oil
- 6 medium potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled) cut into thin wedges
- 2 TB olive oil
- sea salt
- 4 cup mixed salad leaves, washed
- 1 cup mixed green herbs – any combination of parsley, basil, dill, oregano – washed and roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, hulled and sliced
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, sliced vertically through middle then sliced into half rounds
- Dress salad with dressing of choice – recommend a mix of mayonnaise, buttermilk and squeeze lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Remove chicken from fridge and wipe off excess buttermilk. Place potato wedges and salt in a roasting dish and place chicken thighs around the potatoes. Drizzle all with olive oil and roast in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken and potatoes from the oven, set aside to rest.
- To assemble your salad - place all salad ingredients into a large bowl and mix dressing through. Place salad on a serving platter.
- Slice rested chicken and place on top of your salad with the cooked potato. Finish with a season of salt and pepper and additional dressing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!