- Place olive oil in a large non-stick saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the leek, garlic, chilli and fennel, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until leek and fennel are soft but not coloured.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add rice, stirring until well-coated and beginning to crackle. Quickly add vermouth, stirring until absorbed.
- Add ladlefuls of hot stock, stirring continuously until absorbed, continuing until all the stock has been added and the risotto has become thick and creamy.
- Add the thyme, preserved lemon, rainbow chard for the final 5 minutes of cooking, followed by the final ladleful of stock. Once the stock has been absorbed, cover and allow the risotto to stand for 10 minutes.
- To finish risotto, add parmesan and seasoning, stirring until well combined.
To serve, scatter over toasted pine nuts, fried capers and extra parmesan.