Prawn Cocktail & Avocado Salsa Lettuce Cups
- 500 grams medium sized Spencer Gulf cooked prawns, peeled, halved lengthways and cleaned
- 2-3 baby Cos lettuces, outside leaves separated
- Chervil, to garnish
- 1/3 cup egg mayonnaise
- 1 tspn fresh horseradish (or horseradish cream), finely grated
- 1/4 tspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tblspn tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tspn lemon juice
- Tobasco sauce, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 large avocado, peeled, destoned and finely diced
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 tblspn basil leaves, shredded
- 1 tblspn chervil leaves
- 1 tblspn chives, finely chopped
- 2 tspn lemon juice
- salt flakes
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- For the cocktail sauce, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, Worstershire sauce, tomato sauce and lemon juice together, stirring until well combined. Add a good dash of tobasco sauce to taste and season with pepper.
- Place two thirds of sauce in a separate mixing bowl with peeled prawns, stirring to combine. Set both aside until required.
- For the avocado salsa, carefully combine avocado, cucumber, basil, chervil, chives, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl, stirring gently to combine.
- To serve, place 15 baby cos lettuce leaves on a serving platter. With the remaining cocktail sauce, place 1 teaspoon of sauce in the centre of each lettuce leaf. Evenly divide prawns between lettuce leaves, top with avocado salsa and garnish with extra chervil leaves.