Pickled Ginger & Teriyaki Chicken Brown Rice Bowl
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup ginger wine
- 1 tbspn brown sugar
- 1 tspn sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs (approximately 600g)
- 2 tspn vegetable oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and spiralised
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli, trimmed, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen soy beans, thawed
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- 2 spring onions, julienned
- 1 tspn sesame seeds
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked (to serve)
- 1 tspn Japanese rice seasoning (bonito and nori furikake), optional (to serve)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine soy, mirin, ginger wine, sugar, sesame oil and garlic together, stirring to combine.
- Add chicken thighs, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and marinade, cover and cook for 15 minutes, turning the chicken halfway through. Remove the chicken from pan and set aside.
- Increase heat to mediumhigh and reduce marinade by two-thirds until it thickens slightly.
- Steam Chinese broccoli for 2-3 minutes, or until tender
- To serve, combine cooked rice and furikake together in a small mixing bowl, stirring until combined. Divide between four serving bowls. Top each bowl of rice with one sliced chicken thigh and a ¼ of each carrot, steamed broccoli, soy beans, pickled ginger, spring onion and sesame seeds. To finish drizzle over the teriyaki sauce.