Lemon pavlova with summer fruits
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- pinch salt
- 1 cup raw caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 250 ml cream
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 150 ml Greek style yoghurt
- 200 g fresh summer fruit (eg. peaches, mango, passionfruit, raspberries, strawberries), sliced
Vanilla yoghurt cream
- Preheat oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Draw a 20cm circle on baking paper and place facing down on a baking tray.
- Place lemon zest between two sheets of kitchen paper, to help remove excess oil from the zest.
- Place zest in small bowl with cornflour, tossing until well coated. Set aside until required.
- Using an electric stand mixer, beat egg whites and salt together until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar slowly, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture becomes thick, glossy and sugar has dissolved. With the final tablespoon of sugar, add zest mixture and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- Add lemon juice and very gently fold by hand into egg white mixture.
- Spoon mixture onto prepared baking tray, in the centre of the circle and using a spatula gently spread to the edge of the circle. Place baking tray in preheated oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Turn oven off and leave pavlova in oven to cool for 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- For the yoghurt cream, whisk cream and vanilla to soft peaks.
- Add the yoghurt and beat until you have medium peaks. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.