Chorizo hot dog with roasted red capsicum, salsa verde mayonnaise & rocket
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 fresh chorizo sausages
- 8 baby fennel, halved and thinly sliced
- 20 g baby rocket leaves
- fried shallots, to serve
- 2 tbsp baby capers, drained
- 2 tbsp baby cornichons
- 1/2 red onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- zest and juice of a lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup egg mayonnaise
Salsa Verde Mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced).
- Place red capsicums on a baking tray and coat with olive oil. Place in preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes or until skin is blistered and charred.
- Remove from oven, place roasted capsicums in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to sweat for 15 minutes. Remove skin and slice into strips.
- Meanwhile for the salsa verde mayonnaise, place all the ingredients except the mayonnaise together in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add mayonnaise, and pulse until just combined. Spoon into a bowl and set aside.
- Heat a barbecue or chargrill to medium, cook chorizo sausages for 10 minutes, turning every few minutes until sausages are golden and cooked through.