Cherry & almond cheesecake
- 250 g almond biscotti
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted
- 750 g full fat soft cheese of your choice
- 1/2 cup raw caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 300 ml pure cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 10 g powdered gelatine
- Lightly grease & line a deep 20cm spring- form pan with baking paper
- Place biscotti in a food processor & blitz until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add melted butter & mix until well combined.
- Place in prepared pan, pressing mixture down to create a firm base. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer beat soft cheese, sugar, vanilla, zests & juice until mixture is smooth.
- Place water in a small saucepan, sprinkle over gelatine & leave to sponge for 5 minutes.
- Place saucepan over a low heat, until mixture dissolves, making sure it does not boil. Add to cheese mixture, mixing until well combined.
- In a clean mixing bowl whip cream to soft peaks. Gently fold cream into cheese mixture until combined.
- Pour mixture over prepared base & refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- For the topping, heat a deep frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add cherries & sugar together, tossing to combine.
- Cover & cook for about 5 minutes, until juices are reduced & glossy. Allow to cool.