- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup full cream milk
- 25 grams unsalted butter melted
- 1 extra-large egg lightly beaten
- 2 bananas 1/2 cup mashed, remaining sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 apples 1/2 cup grated, remaining sliced
- 2 tspn ground cinnamon
- 10 strawberries 1/2 cup diced, remaining sliced
- 2 tspn vanilla bean paste
Banana & Coconut
Apple & Cinnamon
Strawberry & Vanilla
- For the pikelet batter, add flour and baking powder together in a medium mixing bowl, stirring to combine.
- In a large jug add honey, milk, melted butter and egg, whisking to combine. Pour over the flour mixture, stirring to combine.
- Add fruit combination of choice, stirring to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add a little extra butter to the pan until melted. Using a tablespoon as a measure, drop spoonfuls of batter into the pan, placing a slice of fruit on top and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Using a spatula, carefully turn pikelets and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden
- Serve pikelets hot or cold with butter and honey.