- 1 yellow peach
- 2 apricots
- 125 g raspberries
- 125 g blackberries
- 125 g strawberries, hulled
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 300 ml pure cream
- 2 egg whites
- 125 g ready-made meringues (eg. toffee & almond meringues), roughly crushed
- red currants, icing sugar
- Lightly grease a 1 ltr pudding basin or 8 individual pudding basins & line with plastic wrap, allowing plenty to overhang.
- Slice the peach & apricots in half, removing the stones & cut into 1cm cubes. Place in a medium bowl & add 250g of the mixed berries, reserving the rest for garnish. Mix gently to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, sugar & vanilla bean paste together over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Using electric beaters whisk until pale & mousse like, then remove from heat & allow to cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip cream to soft peaks, then fold into yolk mixture, until well combined.
- Place egg whites in a clean mixing bowl & beat to stiff peaks. Gently fold into yolk mixture, until well combined.
- Add the mixed fruit & crushed meringue to the yolk mixture, folding gently to incorporate.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into prepared pudding basin. Fold the overhanging plastic wrap over the top & place in freezer overnight.