- 375 g pack all butter puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked, to glaze
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed, tops removed & finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely slice
- 200 g goats curd
- 1/2 cup cherval, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed & blanched
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place pastry sheet on prepared baking tray. Using a sharp knife gently score a border 2cm from the edge, being careful not to cut through the pastry. If you fancy, score a design around the edge to add a personal touch to your nished tart. Using a fork dock (prick) the centre of the pastry all over.
- Using a pastry brush carefully brush the border & centre with egg wash & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over a medium heat. Add leeks & garlic & cook for 5 minutes or until leeks are soft. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
- Place the prepared tart shell in preheated oven & cook for 15 minutes.
- While the tart shell is cooking, combine cooked leeks with goats curd, gruyere, cherval, salt & pepper together in a medium mixing bowl, stirring until well combined.
- In a separate bowl toss the blanched asparagus with the remaining olive oil & season with salt & pepper.
- Remove tart shell from the oven & reduce heat to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Carefully cut around the scored border & gently push the centre down & spread the leek mixture evenly over the centre.
- Top with the asparagus. Return tart to the oven & cook for a further 20 minutes or until the filling is heated through.
three ways with asparagus
- Toss asparagus & Haloumi slices in olive oil & chargrill on barbecue. Serve with lemon juice, salt & pepper.
- For a cheats hollandaise sauce to serve with asparagus, place 3 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt & a pinch cayenne pepper together in a food processor, process until combined. Slowly add 150g melted butter, while blender is on. The sauce will thicken, the more butter you add.
- For a simple salad, blanch 2 bunches of asparagus & toss with a handful each of baby rocket leaves, walnuts, basil leaves, 1/3 cup shaved parmesan, juice of lemon, salt, pepper & olive oil.