- 8 x 22cm round rice paper wrappers
- 150 grams vermicelli noodles
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 Lebanese cucumber cut into sticks
- 1/2 avocado, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 8 coriander sprigs
- 200 grams cooked shredded chicken or peeled prawns
- sweet chilli or hoisin sauce, for dipping
- Cook vermicelli noodles following packet instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Place drained noodles in a bowl and snip with kitchen scissors.
- To make rice paper rolls, place all filling ingredients together on a large plate and fill a large shallow bowl with hot water.
- Place rice paper wrappers one at a time into the hot water for about 10-15 seconds until just soft, as they become difficult to work with, the softer they become. Place wrapper onto a clean sheet of baking paper and assemble cold roll ingredients across the centre (like a sausage), allowing about 4cm of wrapper at either end. It is important not to add too much filling, as it will be difficult to roll and the wrapper may tear.
- To roll the wrapper, start with the edge closest to you and encase the filling. Fold the outside edges in over the filling, to hold the ingredients in at each end. Roll filling over remaining wrapper and place cold roll on a platter to serve. Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
- Serve cold rolls with dipping sauce of choice.