Almond, Banana & Cinnamon Porridge
- 1 1/2 cups organic rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup brown rice flakes
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups boiling water
- Pinch salt
- 3 tspn ground cinnamon
- 2 bananas, chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- Honey, to drizzle
Preheat oven to 180ºC (160ºC fan-forced).
- Place oats in a roasting pan and toast in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large saucepan combine oats, ground almonds, rice flakes, milk, water, salt, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and half the banana over a medium heat, stirring constantly until the porridge boils and thickens. Remove from heat, cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- To serve porridge, divide evenly between 4 bowls and sprinkle the top with remaining banana, slivered almonds and cinnamon. To finish, place a dollop of yoghurt on top and drizzle with honey.