- 375 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 3 anchovies
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 70 g baby rocket leaves
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions. Drain well.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chilli flakes & anchovies cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add zucchini, juice, zest & parsley, cook for 2 minutes, season to taste.
- Add zucchini mixture & rocket to pasta, toss to combine. Serve topped with parmesan.
Three ways with zucchini
- For a delicious zucchini, walnut & cinnamon bread, preheat oven to 180°C. Whisk 3 eggs in large mixing bowl, add 1 cup oil & 2 cups each of grated zucchini & sugar, stirring to combine. In another large mixing bowl combine 2 cups plain our, 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon, salt & bicarbonate soda, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder & 1/2 cup walnuts. Add zucchini mixture stirring until well combined. Lightly grease 2 bread tins & evenly divide mixture. Bake in oven for 1 hour or until cooked.
- For a quick Ratatouille, cook a chopped onion, red capsicum & garlic in olive oil over a low heat until onion is soft. Add 1 chopped eggplant, 2 chopped zucchinis, 4 chopped tomatoes, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar & 1/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer & cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper & finish with a handful of chopped parsley.
- For zucchini fritters mix together 2 eggs, 3 grated zucchinis, 1/2 cup SR our, 1 deseeded chopped chilli, 1 teaspoon nely grated lemon zest, 1/4 cup mint leaves & 100g crumbled feta. Heat olive oil over medium heat & cook tablespoonfuls of mixture, in batches.