- Line a sieve with kitchen paper and drain ricotta, pressing down gently with extra kitchen paper, to help absorb any additional moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta, ¾ cup parmesan, yolks, zest, basil, salt and pepper, stirring until well combined. Add flour and gently knead mixture to a smooth dough, on a clean lightly floured surface.
- Evenly divide dough into four pieces and roll each into 2cm wide sausages, dusting with extra flour. Lay sausages side by side and using a knife cut gnocchi into 2cm pieces.
- To shape gnocchi, use a fork to create grooves on one side and an indent on the other, to help the sauce coat the gnocchi.
- Heat napolitana pasta sauce in a large saucepan, over a medium heat.
- To cook gnocchi, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a gentle boil. Carefully place gnocchi in water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until gnocchi floats to the top. Using a slotted spoon remove gnocchi from pan and add to sauce, tossing gently to coat.
- To serve, sprinkle over basil leaves and remaining parmesan.
Click here to view our ‘how to’ video