- Lightly grease a 1 ltr pudding basin or 8 individual pudding basins & line with plastic wrap, allowing plenty
- Slice the peach & apricots in half, removing the stones & cut into 1cm cubes. Place in a medium bowl & add 250g of the mixed berries, reserving the rest for garnish. Mix gently to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, sugar & vanilla bean paste together over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Using electric beaters whisk until pale & mousse like, then remove from heat & allow to cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip cream to soft peaks, then fold into yolk mixture, until well combined.
- Place egg whites in a clean mixing bowl & beat to stiff peaks. Gently fold into yolk mixture, until well combined.
- Add the mixed fruit & crushed meringue to the yolk mixture, folding gently to incorporate.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into prepared pudding basin. Fold the overhanging plastic wrap over the top & place in freezer overnight.
To serve: allow large pudding to stand for 20 minutes or individual for 5 minutes
before turning onto serving plates. Top with red currants, a dusting of icing sugar to
garnish with reserved berries.