The Market is a hub of creative activity, including our colourful and talented buskers! If you would like to busk at the Market, please complete a busking application for consideration. Should you receive approval, you may contact the Market office to book your date and time at one of the Grote Street or Gouger Street location. Usual busking times are Friday from 5.00pm – 8.00pm and Saturdays from 9.00am – 1.00pm, with no more than two 45 minute sets per booking. We encourage acoustic, jazz and small group performances, suitable for enclosed dining areas.
- Performers must keep a copy of this permit on their person at all times.
- All performers must act in a respectable, professional and honest manner at all times.
- There is no fee payable to the Adelaide Central Market Authority (ACMA), nor is there any payment to the performer.
- All performers must follow all directives of the ACMA and Security, and understand that your application may be refused or revoked at any time without notice.
- Performers must not be intoxicated or under the influence of any substance whilst performing and be fit and proper.
- All performers must comply with all conditions of this permit, Australian Laws and Legislation.
- If under 12 years of age, be constantly supervised by a parent guardian, and have consent by way of signature on this form.
- If between 12 and 16 years of age, have consent from by a parent or guardian by way of signature on this form.
- Bookings available for the following areas: Carousel Nut, along Grote St wall, Einstein Wall and Grote St, North East Corner.
- The performer must phone or email the ACMA in advance to arrange their time / allocated area.
- Performers are limited to a maximum of two time slots per month (one Friday, one Saturday) .
- Performers must perform only in the area as directed by the ACMA (areas are marked by a treble clef) .
- Performers may be asked to stop by the ACMA if a number of complaints are received about loud or inappropriate music.
- There is limited access to power in some areas, which may be accessed.
- Performer’s CDs and DVDs that relate directly to their performance may be displayed and sold at the place of performance.
- Performers may not approach the public to ask for payment, nor charge a specific fee for their performance.
- The performer must not cause damage, litter or soil the Market surfaces at any time. Should damage occur, the performer will be financially liable.
- The performer must not leave any equipment in a position that may create a hazard or risk to the public.
- This permit is valid for 6 months from the date signed, and only valid if signed by an ACMA representative.