Busking opportunities are available on selected Market days in Gouger and Grote Street dining areas.
For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, the following criteria apply:
- groups are limited to a maximum of two people
- performers under 16 will only be permitted to busk outside school hours and during daylight hours and must have written permission from a parent or guardian
- the busking permit is for valid for one month
- if under 12 years of age, the performer must be constantly supervised by a parent/guardian and only perform in daylight hours
The additional specific conditions apply to ensure public safety:
- Performances must be within designated areas – Gouger and Grote St dining
- Amplification is not permitted, unless approved prior to performance
- Maintaining pedestrian flow and access in our Market during your performance
Please complete a busking form to submit your request for consideration.
- Performers must keep a copy of their confirmed busking permit on you at all times.
- All performers must act in a respectable, professional and honest manner at all times.
- There is no fee payable to the Adelaide Central Market Authority (ACMA), nor is there any payment to the performer.
- All performers must follow all directives of ACMA and Market Security, and understand that your application may be refused or revoked at any time without notice.
- Performers must not be intoxicated or under the influence of any substance whilst performing and be fit and proper.
- All performers must comply with all conditions of this permit, Australian Laws and Legislation.
- If under 12 years of age, be constantly supervised by a parent guardian, and have consent by way of signature on this form.
- If between 12 and 16 years of age, have consent from by a parent or guardian by way of signature on this form.
- Busking is only available for Gouger and Grote St dining areas, unless otherwise specified.
- The performer must have written confirmation from ACMA in advance to perform.
- Performers are limited to a maximum of two time slots per month (one Friday, one Saturday) .
- Performers must perform only in the area as directed by ACMA .
- Performers may be asked to stop by ACMA or Market Security if a number of complaints are received about loud or inappropriate music.
- There is limited access to power in some areas, which may be accessed.
- Performer’s CDs and DVDs that relate directly to their performance may be displayed and sold at the place of performance.
- Performers may not approach the public to ask for payment, nor charge a specific fee for their performance.
- The performer must not cause damage, litter or soil the Market surfaces at any time. Should damage occur, the performer will be financially liable.
- The performer must not leave any equipment in a position that may create a hazard or risk to the public.
- This permit is valid for 1 month and only valid if signed by an ACMA representative.